The Beginning of BGT
Britain’s Got Talent, or BGT for short, is a talent competition that first aired on British television in 2007. The show is open to acts of all ages and talents, including singers, dancers, magicians, comedians, and more. BGT quickly became a cultural phenomenon, attracting millions of viewers and producing some of the most successful acts in the entertainment industry.
The show’s format is simple. Contestants audition in front of a panel of judges, who then decide whether they will progress to the next round. The live shows feature the most talented acts, as voted for by the public. The winner of the competition receives a cash prize and the opportunity to perform in front of the Royal Family at the Royal Variety Performance.
Since its inception, BGT has been known for showcasing diverse talent, giving people from all backgrounds the opportunity to showcase their skills on a national stage. The show has also become famous for discovering some of the most iconic talent in the UK, including Susan Boyle, who became an international sensation after her audition in 2009.
Most Popular BGT Artists
Over the years, Britain’s Got Talent has produced many successful acts, some of which have gone on to become household names. Here are just a few of the most popular BGT artists:
- Susan Boyle – Susan Boyle became an instant sensation after her audition in 2009. Her powerful voice and emotional performance of “I Dreamed a Dream” stunned the judges and the audience, propelling her to worldwide fame. She has since released several successful albums and sold over 25 million records.
- Diversity – Diversity is a street dance troupe that won the third series of BGT in 2009. Their innovative and dynamic performances have earned them a loyal following, and they have since gone on to perform at the Olympic Games and on their own tour.
- Paul Potts – Paul Potts was the first winner of Britain’s Got Talent in 2007. His powerful operatic voice won over the judges and the public, and he has since released several successful albums and performed at prestigious venues around the world.
- Ashleigh and Pudsey – Ashleigh and her dog Pudsey won the sixth series of BGT in 2012. Their unique and entertaining dance routines captivated audiences, and they have since starred in their own movie and toured the UK.
- Tokio Myers – Tokio Myers won the eleventh series of BGT in 2017. His innovative and eclectic musical style, which blends classical and electronic music, won over the judges and the public. He has since released a successful album and embarked on his own tour.
These are just a few of the many talented artists that have been discovered on Britain’s Got Talent. The show continues to be a platform for people of all ages and backgrounds to showcase their skills, and it remains a beloved part of British culture.
Amy Lou – next Susan Boyle for BGT
Amy Lou was 30 weeks pregnant when she performed in BGT 2023. At first, Simon Cowell was not sure that something good will happen on the stage but soon after she started to sing Simon was amazed.
All the judges including cold-blooded Simon Cowell were in tears after her song.
Here you can see the video and tell us what you think about it.