There are many things in this world to be afraid of. Sometimes, there may even be a legitimate fright that could get to the point where it becomes a phobia.

Arachnophobia is a very common issue and it occurs when somebody is overly afraid of spiders. This goes beyond someone just being concerned when there is a spider in the area, they have a legitimate fear of them.

Often, the issue can be avoided by simply exterminating the spiders or leaving the area. Then again, you need to be careful when you are getting rid of the spider because it may just come back to haunt you.

That is what happened to a man from Fresno, California. He was attempting to get rid of an arachnid when he took things a little bit too far and the Fresno Fire Department had to get involved.

The news was shared on Facebook by the fire department when they explained why a structure fire occurred in West Fresno. It seems as if the homeowner had ‘accidentally started the fire using a torch to exterminate a spider’

What we don’t know is if the homeowner had tried any other method before he decided to use the blowtorch to get rid of the spider. It may just have been the first thing he grabbed or perhaps it was just within arms reach but in any case, it started a fire that quickly spread through the structure.

The good news is, nobody was injured as a result of the incident and the blaze was put out before the structure burned to the ground. You can see from the pictures shared of the scene, however, that there is going to need to be worked on on the house.

Perhaps the worst part of it all is that we don’t even know if he got the spider or not.

The fire department wrote: “We get it, we don’t like spiders either, but it’s never a good idea to use a blow torch or any other flammable device for pest control. We encourage everyone to use safer methods or contact a professional.”

Sound advice, indeed.