Choose a good mild dog shampoo.
- Never use human shampoo on a puppy, but you can use specially formulated baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is the best human shampoo for dogs because it is much gentler than their adult counterparts, making them less aggressive to your puppy’s skin and coat.
- If you are in doubt about which shampoo to use, oatmeal dog shampoo is a smart choice as it is gentle and moisturizing.
- Detanglers and conditioners can be used on medium to long haired puppies.
But if you don’t have shampoo, you can
- Rinse the dog with plain water for a temporary solution.
- Add dishwashing detergent to the dog.
- Wash your dog with white vinegar.
- Refresh your dog’s coat with baking soda and cornstarch.
- Soak your puppy in an oatmeal bath.