In this article we want to show you which 5 animals are listed in the IUCN Red List. Established in 1964, The International Union for Conservation of Nature’s Red List of Threatened Species has evolved to become the world’s most comprehensive information source on the global conservation status of animal, fungi and plant species.
- Island fox. The island fox is a small predatory mammal from the Canidae family. It is 2-3 times smaller than the gray fox, which lives in the deciduous forests of North and Central America.
- Florida cougar. The Florida cougar is the smallest subspecies of the cougar. The only subspecies of the cougar listed in the International Red Book has the status of “critical condition”.
- Hawaiian raven. Currently, 115 birds live in San Diego Zoo. Efforts are being made to release captive-bred birds into the wild. However, this is prevented by the attacks of Hawaiian hawks, which, by the way, are also on the verge of destruction.
- Buffalo. Buffalo is a large wild bull, widely known for its physical strength and size.
- Sea otter. Sea otter is a predatory mammal from the weasel family. The largest species of otter.